A year in Brussels here.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wash to Yale to OT to Yale to Wash

I drove to Ottawa on the weekend to pick up a few things. We drove to New Haven, Connecticut Friday night. I departed alone from there Saturday morning for Ottawa. Spent the night with some old friends - dinner, beer and Settlers of Catan.

I drove to Canada through the Adirondack State Park. Super nice and I had the roads to myself. The freeways I took south on the way back...... not so interesting. But I thought the Albany New York area was nice and the city looked to be a good size and had nice buildings. It is close to both New York and the Adirondack Park, so a good middle ground?

I quickly hit the road again Sunday morning with the car loaded up and big dreams. Made it back to Yale where I rejoined my traveling companion and collected one more, a friend in the country for a few days.

The drive along the east coast between New Haven and Washington included New York, New Jersey, Delaware and Baltimore. And many very cool enormous bridges (Del Mem Br, George Washington Bridge). We were amazed at how many rest stops there were along the way, and not one had a healthy food choice. Our only option was crap like Roy Rogers, Mcdonalds, Cinnabon. This is what is deemed acceptable as food. Though there was 1 Subway - which I consider a healthy option among those other guys.

I attached a web cam to the rearview mirror the car and set it to take a picture every 15 seconds from the Canadian border to Yale (via I-81, I-90, I-95). I put the pictures together into a movie. This is it. The first 2 min. are pretty washed out, the last 2 mins. are OK. As a whole, its pretty crappy. If only more road trips went by like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home